8 (800) 200-60-90

hotline phone

Arch of the agricultural firm "Sad-Gigant"

Арка агрофирмы «Сад-Гигант»

In 1929, on the northern outskirts of the village of Slavyanskaya, on the left bank of the Protoka River, one of the world's largest fruit farms was created - the state farm "Sad-Gigant". Initially, his gardening grounds spread over an area of ​​over 2,750 hectares. Few people know that one of the important arguments in favor of creating such a state farm in the area of ​​the village of Slavyanskaya was the fact that at the end of the 19th - beginning of the 20th centuries there was a North Caucasian office for the export of apples, which were supplied to the markets of Great Britain, Sweden and Norway. ... Some local residents still remember the honorary name of the fruit farm - the name of Maxim Gorky, whose bust still stands in front of the building of the rural library.

In the same period (1929–1930), a stone arch was erected at the entrance to the central estate of the state farm. These were tall columns with a triangular overlap, red stars and an inscription along the perimeter "Working town of the state farm "Sad Gigant" No. 45". In the center of the overlap was placed the emblem of the RSFSR. Tall, shady trees surrounded the arch.

In this form, the arch existed until 1963, when it was completely reconstructed and externally changed, becoming a monumental structure. The coat of arms of the RSFSR was removed from the renovated arch, leaving only the name "Fruit State Farm Garden-Giant". In subsequent years, the arch was practically unchanged. During the privatization period, the fruit state farm became company “Agrofirma“ Sad-Gigant ”and the inscription“ fruit state farm ”was removed from the arch, leaving only the words“ Sad-Gigant ”. In this form, the arch exists to this day, it is included in the official list of local attractions, and the nearby public transport stop is called "The Arch".

Арка агрофирмы «Сад-Гигант»

Arch of the agricultural firm "Sad-Gigant"

Krasnodar region, Slavyansky District, Sovkhozny village, st. Shkolnaya, 626

Show on the map

Photo gallery

Object on the map

loading map...