8 (800) 200-60-90

hotline phone

Battery No. 394 of Captain A.E. Zubkov

Батарея №394 капитана А.Э. Зубкова

Battery No. 394 of Captain A.E. Zubkov is a genuine monument of the period of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. On July 15, 1941, the construction of an artillery battery began at Cape Penay, from where the Tsemes (Novorossiysk) bay is visible at a glance. The construction was supervised by a military engineer of the 3rd rank M.E. Kokin. The construction was completed on August 8, 1941. The battery was equipped with four naval guns with a caliber of 100 mm, an aiming range of 22 km, a range finder, a command post, a chemical post, artillery cellars, utility and living quarters for personnel were built. The battery commander was appointed senior lieutenant, then captain Andrei Emmanuilovich Zubkov. The main combat mission of the battery was to protect the Tsemes Bay from enemy ships. On August 22, 1941, the battery fired the first shot at the convoy of German-fascist vehicles near the village of Neberdzhaevskaya, and on September 16, 1943 - the last combat shot at the enemy leaving Novorossiysk.

In addition to the main combat mission, Battery No. 394 performed others: it conducted live firing at ground and coastal targets, destroying military equipment and enemy personnel, and provided fire support during the landing of amphibious assault forces on Malaya Zemlya and Novorossiysk port. Of the stationary batteries, it was the closest to the front line (6 km) and the most effective coastal defense battery. It is no coincidence that Captain Zubkov's battery was called "the traffic controller in Novorossiysk" for the accuracy of shooting. Despite the fierce battles, the battery has well preserved artillery cellars, a chemical post, a command post, gun yards, in which in 1975, in connection with the museum classification of the object, 100 mm naval guns similar to military ones were again installed.

The battery is located 300 meters north of Cape Penay on a low hill (14th km of the Novorossiysk-Sukhum highway, between the village of Kabardinka and the city of Novorossiysk). The full name of the monument is "394 Stationary Battery of the 1st Guards Artillery Division of the Novorossiysk Naval Base of the Black Sea Fleet."

The reinforced concrete structures of the battery, built in 1941, are still a model of military engineering structures today, and the battery of Captain Zubkov, located in a unique natural monument of juniper woodland, provides an opportunity to get in touch with the military history of Gelendzhik at the front.

Батарея №394 капитана А.Э. Зубкова

Battery No. 394 of Captain A.E. Zubkov

Krasnodar region, Novorossiysk, 14 km of Novorossiysk-Sukhum Highway

Show on the map

Object on the map

loading map...