8 (800) 200-60-90

hotline phone

Mass grave of the sailors of torpedo boats who died in battles with the Nazi invaders

Братская могила моряков торпедных катеров, погибших в боях с фашистскими захватчиками

In 1942-1943 Gelendzhik was a front-line town. From here came the combat support of military operations near Novorossiysk on the legendary Malaya Zemlya. The main amphibious assault force was formed here for the liberation of Novorossiysk in September 1943. During this period Gelendzhik was the base of material support for the battle for Novorossiysk.

In Gelendzhik Bay, in the area of ​​the former sanatorium "Solntse", a brigade of torpedo boats of the Novorossiysk base of the Navy, commanded by the 2nd Rank captain V.T. Protsenko. The boats of the 1st brigade of captain Fillipov entered the bay for joint combat operations and resupply. Filippov, based in the village of Divnomorskoye (during the Great Patriotic War it was called Fake Gelendzhik). The ships of the brigades accompanied vehicles with landings to Malaya Zemlya, took part in battles with the Nazi invaders, and destroyed enemy firing points on the coast from the sea. Their role was especially great in the liberation of Novorossiysk in September 1943. The boats were the first to break into the Novorossiysk port, completing the main task - the destruction of the bono-net barriers, which made it possible to advance ships with a landing party in the port. Sailors and crew members who died in battle were buried in a military cemetery within the base.

After the end of hostilities near Novorossiysk, a memorial obelisk with the corresponding inscriptions and the names of the victims was equipped at the cemetery for the sailors of the brigade of torpedo boats.

When examining the monument in 1955 on the back side of the base of the obelisk, an inscription was found on the concrete: "The monument was designed on 02/08/1944 by sailors A.N. Sysoev, P.G. Germanov, V.D. Rapanov, V.K. Zinoviev."

Until 1954, there was a military cemetery with 17 graves on the back of the obelisk. On 14 graves there were plaques with inscriptions of the names and dates of death of the buried soldiers. In 1953-1954, according to the decision of the city executive committee, the remains were transferred to a mass grave at the Old Cemetery.

In April 1975, a major reconstruction of the monument was carried out. The author is the artist V.M. Ivanchenko. In 1988, on the northern side of the obelisk, a memorial wall was erected with the names of 133 dead sailors of torpedo boats inscribed on it.

In 2005, on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Victory of the Soviet people in the Great Patriotic War, a complete restoration of the memorial and landscaping of the territory was carried out during the complete reconstruction of the city embankment. In place of the three-sided obelisk, on a complex two-stage base, faced with gray marble, a stele of polished granite with a five-pointed star was installed.

A memorial wall faced with light gray marble was also reconstructed. On the left, a ship's anchor is installed in a round hole. To the right of the anchor there are 14 slabs of white marble with the names of the fallen soldiers of the Soviet Army and the Navy.

Братская могила моряков торпедных катеров, погибших в боях с фашистскими захватчиками

Mass grave of the sailors of torpedo boats who died in battles with the Nazi invaders

Object on the map

loading map...