8 (800) 200-60-90

hotline phone

Gelendzhik Museum of History and Local Lore

Геленджикский историко-краеведческий музей

The history of the Gelendzhik Museum is rich in various and sometimes dramatic events. Suffice it to say that the museum in the city of Gelendzhik was “born” three times: in 1909, 1920, 1949.

The first birth of the museum dates back to the period when Gelendzhik found itself in a new sphere of intensive socio-economic relations. The rapid development of the resort at the beginning of the twentieth century contributed to the unification of summer residents and the creation in the city of several societies of summer residences of the southern and northern sides of Tonky Cape. On July 18, 1909, the dacha owners of Tonky Cape opened the Natural History Museum. It was housed in the lodge of Michael Reinke, the Actual State Counselor of His Imperial Majesty. The beginning of the museum was laid by the archaeological collections collected on the territory of Boyko's Borisovo estate. With the assistance of the St. Petersburg Imperial Academy of Sciences, under the leadership of Professor V.B. Sakhanev, in 1911-1913 an archaeological expedition was organized to study the Borisov burial ground, and a society of "museum enthusiasts" was created. In 1912, at the exhibition "Caucasian Riviera" in St. Petersburg, the Gelendzhik Museum was awarded a diploma and a gold medal for exhibited and beautifully designed archaeological collections.

In 1920, at the initiative of M.M. The Reinke Museum is reborn after the Civil War under the name "Museum of Nature and History". The exposition was housed in a two-storey building at the corner of Lenin and Kherson streets (now the editorial office of the Priboy newspaper). Then the museum was moved to the building opposite (the territory of the court, the former city committee of the CPSU). During the Great Patriotic War, this building was destroyed by a direct bomb hit, and the collections were lost.

Since May 1949, the museum has been housed in a small school building, along Lenin Street. Since 2004 it has been located on the embankment in the former premises of the Fishermen's Club.

Геленджикский историко-краеведческий музей

Gelendzhik Museum of History and Local Lore

Krasnodar region, Gelendzhik, Ostrovskogo street, 1

Show on the map

Photo gallery

Object on the map

loading map...