8 (800) 200-60-90

hotline phone

Museum "Cement Industry"

Музей «Цементная промышленность»

In 1977, by order of the USSR Ministry of the Interior Ministry, the construction of a permanent exhibition "The Cement Industry of the USSR" with a branch - the memorial apartment of the Russian Soviet writer Fyodor Gladkov (1883-1958) was approved.

The exhibition was officially opened in 1979, in 1989 it was transformed into a museum.

The museum is located in a building (a historical and cultural monument) built in 1900 (the former People's House with a school for children of cement workers, since 1917 - a club named after the III International).

The only museum of this kind in the world visually and clearly presents the development of the cement industry in Russia from the first plants to modern giants. The exposition is full of working models and models and is of great interest not only for specialists. Through authentic documents, photographs, objects of past years, the history of the birth of cement, technological equipment, the development of cement plants, the science of cement is traced, the role of cement plants in the most important political and state affairs is revealed.

The exposition of two military halls is dedicated to the feat of the Soviet people during the Great Patriotic War. The cement workers also contributed to the victory. The halls display samples of military products manufactured by cement plants: concrete slabs for defensive structures, cement bombs and anti-tank mines, grenades, slate plates, trench furnaces, gypsum, chemical heating pads, flight goggles with decrypting glasses to determine the enemy's camouflage locations. Showcases show personal belongings, documents, military awards of the commander of the 318th rifle division, Colonel V.A. Vrutsky, twice Hero of the Soviet Union E.Ya. Savitsky, Hero of the Soviet Union D.S. Koveshnikov and many other regular military and cement workers who fought on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War. The diorama "Defense of the Novorossiysk Cement Plants" depicts one of the difficult days of the Novorossiysk defensive operation.

The memorial apartment, where the writer Fyodor Gladkov lived with his family from 1919 to 1921, is located in the attic of the building. It was created on the basis of the memoirs of the writer's relatives and the family heirlooms donated to the museum. Everything here is as it was almost 100 years ago: books on a bookcase and shelves, sheet music on a shelf, a samovar on a round table. A book is open on the writer's chair. Outside the windows, the factory is noisy as before. In this apartment Gladkov wrote individual chapters of the novel "Cement", the story "Outcasts", the play "Windbreak".

The literary exposition, created by the collective of art workshops of Novorossiysk, reflects the life and work of Gladkov in Novorossiysk, reveals the theme of his works on the screen and stage. The central place is given to the novel "Cement", dedicated to the restoration of the cement plant "Proletary" in the 20s of the XX century.

More than five thousand people visit the museum annually. Employees conduct excursions, lectures, talks, street celebrations, conferences.

Музей «Цементная промышленность»

Museum "Cement Industry"

Krasnodar region, Novorossiysk, st. Sukhumskoe highway, 60

Show on the map

Photo gallery

Object on the map

loading map...